Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012

A piece of quilt

I just practiced a bit more in stippling and found a good way to get it smoother and be more relaxed while sewing: I did draw the stippling pattern on paper a few times so I got a better "flow" of the pattern! That worked pretty good and the finished scraps are fairly satisfying!

After that I decided to finish the piece up and put a binding on! I got this huge piece of non bleached cotton fabric at Ikea and took a good strip off it to make a binding for my quilted piece! So before I go on binding a finished project, I'll definitely have to practice!! Doesn't look very nice, but when I think about it while writing this, it's not so bad, considering I just started sewing a few weeks ago and this beeing my first piece!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen